Thomas Campbell CCNA, MCP, MCSE
Home Page www.thrash.org
O B J E C T I V E
Employment in the information technology field with the opportunity for advancement.
Q U A L I F I C A T I O N S
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) with experience in the operation and configuration of Cisco routing equipment.
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) with experience in the planning, design, implementation and maintenance of networking solutions using Microsoft Windows NT, as well as the deployment and troubleshooting of network hardware and software in the production environment.
- Currently pursuing Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) title.
- Extensive experience with a wide range of hardware and software platforms, including Microsoft Windows NT Server and Workstation, MS-DOS, Microsoft Windows 3.x, and Windows 9x.
- Some Novell Unix and Macintosh experience.
- Familiarity with HP, IBM and Compaq server hardware
- Working knowledge of and some experience with the Novell NetWare 4.x Network Operating System, both implementation and use.
- Strong grounding in network fundamentals, such as cable types, their uses and specifications, as well as the configuration and installation of network interface cards, in addition to physical layer network and PC hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Experience with the configuration and use of a variety of network protocols, including TCP/IP, IPX/SPX, and NetBEUI.
- Have worked in both routed and non routed environments.
- Vast experience with both client and server side Internet applications, such worldwide Web, Telnet and FTP, as well as configuration of proxies and firewalls.
- WorldWide Web content authoring experience using Microsoft FrontPage 97, FrontPage 98, FrontPage 2000 and Adobe Pagemill.
- Proficiency in the use of all common PC compatible office software packages, Including Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Works, as well as some programming experience including C/C++, Turbo Pascal, and BASIC languages.
- In-depth understanding of hardware architecture and hardware troubleshooting techniques for PC compatible computer systems, and vast experience in the assembly and maintenance of these systems.
- Have performed several Installations and upgrades of both stand-alone and network computing solutions, including both software and hardware, on a non-profit basis.
W O R K H I S T O R Y
Systems Engineer, May 1999-Present
Avon Products, Incorporated
Duties Include: Maintenance, planning and implementation involving all aspects of Avon's Springdale National Call Center computing environment, client, server and general network troubleshooting, software deployment using Microsoft Systems Management Server 2.0, working providing support to insure the continuous availability of the enterprise call tracking and order entry databases, proactive planning for system reconstruction, disaster recovery and business resumption, worked with the National Call Center IT staff, and manager to insure year 2000 compliance of the Call Center computing environment, evaluated, tested, deployed, and currently maintain the antivirus solution in the Call Center, implemented and maintain the current data loss prevention solution for the Call Center, provide daily server health and security monitoring and other network support as required.
Project Engineer, March 1999-May 1999
Pomeroy Computer Resources
Proctor and Gamble Contract Support
Duties Included: Diagnosis and resolution of all computer related problems, both hardware and software, for end users at Proctor and Gamble's Sharon Woods Campus, as well as mentoring of less experienced field technicians.
Network Technician, October 1998-March 1999
Duties included: Planning, consultation, design and implementation of all aspects of the Windows NT network environment, as well as support and maintenance of all related network systems on a wide customer base. Installation and support of small (9 seat) to medium sized (55 seat) networks, both client and server side. Administrative duties such as user account maintenance, network printer installation and configuration, proxy/firewall configuration and maintenance, DNS and WINS Implementation and maintenance, E-mail server and client configurations, implementation of backup and fault tolerance measures, and security administration. Some troubleshooting experience with Novell Intranetware 4.x and LANtastic environments.
Network Administrator/MIS Director, September 1995-October 1998
Modern Machine Development Corporation
Duties included: Planning, deployment, administration and support of both hardware and software aspects of the network environment. Such as: Purchasing, consultation, installation and configuration of PC and network hardware and cabling, installation and configuration of the network operating system and related applications, administration of network security including managing user accounts and assigning appropriate user permissions, and performing system backups.
P R O J E C T S & A C C O M P L I S H M E N T S
- Contract support of all aspects of network environment for the R.L. Drake Company of Franklin, Ohio.
- Design of a 200 seat LAN/WAN for Winton Schools near Cincinnati as a contracted systems engineer for Bell Industries.
- Implementation of complete network solution for Community Greenlawn of Cincinnati, Ohio.
- Installed a full Microsoft Small Business Server based Network solution, including Microsoft Exchange 5.5 email platform and Microsoft Proxy 2.0, as well as client configuration.
- Implementation of both hardware and software aspects of the network environment using Microsoft Windows NT Server 4.0.
- Design and Implementation of an effective Windows NT network security model.
- Supervision of the development of Modern Machine's corporate web site.
- Facilitation of network connectivity between the SCO UNIX server and network environment and the NT environment.
- Conducted both hardware and software year 2000 compliance testing on all network components at Modern Machine Development Corporation.
- Planned the deployment of a WAN link to facilitate network connectivity between Modern Machine's offices in Dayton, Ohio and Huddersfield, England.
- Planned the conversion of Modern Machine's SCO UNIX server to Windows NT, as well as the conversion of all accounting data resident on the Unix Master Accounting Series software suite.
- Participated in the performance of a Novell NetWare 4.1 to Windows NT migration.
E D U C A T I O N
College Preparatory Diploma, Milton-Union High School 1992.
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology, Wright State University, expected 2001.
A W A R D S & A C T I V I T I E S
National Honor Society Achievement Award 1991.
Member of Mystic #405 Lodge of Free and Accepted Masons of Ohio.
Certified Open Water Recreational Scuba Diver
L I C E N S E S & C E R T I F I C A T E S
Cisco Certified Network Associate
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer:
PADI Certified Scuba Diver